Purpose and Alignment are key system conditions that will either help our teams succeed or ensure that they fail. The lack of alignment is one of the most important topics for us to focus on and work on from a systemic point of view. David shares with us how he finds the lack of alignment and how to take steps to rebuild that alignment with the team and stakeholders.
David ends this episode with a brilliant quote: “Being Agile is a direction of travel, not a goal or an end state".
About David Williams
David is an experienced manager with excellent product management and project management skills using agile principles. Extensive experience managing teams and developing for embedded, PC and web based software and electronics for scientific and industrial applications.
He is passionate about creating teams with innovative cultures that are fully engaged in their work that is aligned to the company’s strategy for success.
His focus points are:
- Delivering projects with the highest business value
- Building high performance teams, that work hard and are passionate and fully engaged
- Creating an innovative culture that everyone wants to be part of so that we can make a difference
- Understanding people and getting them to work together in a safe environment where they can take risks.
- Designing products that exceed the customer’s wildest dreams.
- Embracing and driving change